Duties will include tasks that focus on attracting new supporters, donors, and sponsors. Other duties include tasks in marketing and grant writing.
- Fundraising/Development: Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with individual and business prospects. This position will also be responsible for recruiting and retaining supporters for our current supporter program. This position will be responsible, with support from the Marketing & Development Assistant, for the duties involving communication, promotion, and administration of our existing supporter program.
- Marketing/Communications: Responsible for updating and maintaining website, social media communication, and newsletters; design and produce brochures, advertisements, posters, and any other materials related to the marketing of events with support and collaboration from the Marketing & Development Assistant.
- Grant Writing: Responsible for researching and writing grants.
- Office Duties: Assist other staff with general office staffing and office duties, such as receiving visitors, answering phone calls, and more.
Prefer a bachelor’s degree with major course work in administration, marketing, or a related field, plus experience in sales, fundraising, and/or development. Experience in the non-profit sector a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods
- Familiarity with social media
- Knowledge of essential office software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and InDesign
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to solicit financial gifts
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Positive, professional, and outgoing demeanor
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hours: This is a full-time position that may require occasional evenings or weekends.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Contact: Emily Burkland, Executive Director at email@example.com or 701.746.5500.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and other applicable materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, mail to Empire Arts Center at 415 Demers Avenue, Grand Forks, ND 58201.