NOW HIRING: PROGRAM MANAGER
Since its rebirth as an arts center in 1998, the Empire Arts Center has become a cultural anchor of historic downtown Grand Forks, welcoming over 30,000 visitors each year. A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, the Empire strives to maintain an exemplary space to support the creative efforts of our community.
Manage all administrative aspects of the Empire Arts Center’s programming, including the Empire Theatre Company, The 1919 Lounge, The Backstage Project, a new film series, and more:
· Recruit and manage technical and artistic independent contractors, including negotiating contracts
· Secure royalties/licenses and manage related requirements
· Plan/schedule events in collaboration with Executive Director and Artistic Director when appropriate
· Manage production and event details, ranging from coordinating technical needs to planning master classes and much more
· Build appropriate partnerships with artists, other organizations, and businesses
Serve as support staff for marketing and development:
· Assist Executive Director in executing marketing plans
· Manage donor database
· Assist Executive Director with development tasks, such as donor receipts and appeal mailings
· Assist with and attend Empire fundraising events
Act as Box Office Manager:
· Manage all aspects of the Empire Arts Center box office, including managing ticket sales for both own programs and external events
· Assist with box office operations on event nights as needed
· House Manage for evening/weekend events as needed
· Assist Facilities Manager with light cleaning and setup as needed
· Assist with various office administrative tasks as needed
· Answer phone, sell tickets, assist visitors as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: An appreciation and understanding of the arts is a must. Qualified candidates will exhibit a positive attitude, willingness to learn new skills, flexibility, creativity, and excellent interpersonal/customer service skills. Preferred qualifications include a bachelor’s degree; experience with box office software and/or donor database management; and experience with Adobe Suite. This position will include occasional night and/or weekend hours.
Compensation will be dependent on experience. This is a full-time position. Compensation includes employer contribution towards health insurance, short term disability, and paid time off. Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and up to three references. To apply or for more information, contact email@example.com.